Monday, November 5, 2012

Do you ask enough questions? Or do you settle for what you know?


Sodahead.com


I have recently developed a new skill of asking questions.  It is very important for a person to ask if they do not understand something, as it somehow develops your self-esteem than settling for the little that you know. 

My first year in varsity was hell, because I was afraid to ask, worrying that what if my other classmates don’t find my question interesting enough for them to pay attention. My head would actually spin before I could toss my question. I feared rejection and discrimination. 

I wanted to speak well English like any other student in class forgetting that we all come from different backgrounds and that particularly mean; we don’t have the same accent and understanding of English. 

To this day, I ask a lot of questions and I learn from everyone around me. I learn as much as from a small child as I do from a senior and everyone in between.  My former boss used to tell me “Asking questions will better you understanding”.

No comments:

Post a Comment