Friday, August 31, 2012

You cannot chase two rabbits at the same time


Stuffpoint.com



Rabbits appear to be small and naughty animals, and I am wondering if it will be possible to chase them at the same time because they will run to different directions.

As fussy as I am, I have learnt to give my attention in one thing because of the results I’m expecting at the end. I can’t accept defeat or not be satisfied with the final product, which is why it’s impossible for me to focus on too many things.

During my Internship last year, the job was demanding and my grades dropped because I could not balance work and school. In fact, my job took all my attention because I was overwhelmed. I had to submit portfolios and expected to perform well at work. The distance made it worse because I only relied on emails to communicate with my lecturers. There was no direct communication because I was in a different province.

My mistake was to go work in a different province from where I was studying at, and still had to submit feedback from the industry. However I assumed that all submissions made were right because there was no direct communication and consultations with the lecturers.

My rabbits ran to different directions and I didn’t do well at the end of the year even though I was able to graduate, therefore you cannot chase two rabbits at the same time. I was not happy with my final results. Your mind can only focus on one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment