Monday, August 13, 2012

“Have you figured out the second head fake?”

Sibongilemayaba.blogspot.com



Randy Pausch is a well known life-coach who once wrote the following quote that catched my attention; he said “Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”

I was the kind who complained about everything, from food to my clothes and family until I volunteered at a homeless shelter. Those people are living a positive life despite of what they have lost in the past (Families, jobs and their assets), they still believe in life like many of us.

Today I change pupil’s lives, as I share my experiences with them through my motivational talks. Some may see it meaningless but I’m glad that people from my audience do come to me afterwards and want to know more about myself as a person and how I started to inspire other people.

How do I begin? Firstly you must get to know yourself, where you coming from and where you are going with life. By doing so you will be able to identify your needs as to set realistic goals that you will be able to achieve. Have a strategy of approaching your problems, than complaining about them and show gratitude to what you have.

“Your upbringing background will not determine your future.” Nontando Nkuna

Your so called problems are an experience that has been prepared for you to go through, take them as a life lesson.




2 comments:

  1. That's true time spent complaining can be used to solve the propblems. Nice one Mngani wam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now a better person mngani, god love us all.

    ReplyDelete